The Taman Tugu trail is a newly planted forest park located just North of the KL Botanical Gardens and about a 12 min GrabCar ride away from Balkoni Hijau KL.
Recently opened on the downlow, it’s a newly developed trail park smack in the middle of Kuala Lumpur city, where even most locals don’t know of it’s existence.
The area was previously proposed to be commercially developed but luckily the government decided to protect the secondary forest and plant more trees to develop it into a proper nature park.
By coming and using the park, it will show your support to maintain the forest and not develop it into yet another mall or condo. Check out Taman Tugu’s official website for more info.
Who is this Place for and Why?
- If you’re tired of all typical activities of the city and would like to reconnect with nature without driving for hours out of the city.
- It’s actually a pretty solid idea to bring your date! Aren’t you bored with hanging out at malls and cafes all the time? Show that you have a sophisticated, nature loving side.
- It’s FREE.
- It’s only a 4km trail that will take you about 1 hour of walking.
- If you’re into trail running, this place makes sense for you too.
- It’s so near to where you stay, Balkoni Hijau KL.
- How dense is the jungle?: It is not as dense as a proper jungle as you can see that some trees are newly planted. It still needs time to develop into a proper forest, but it’s still a nice experience.
- Is it educational?: Yes. Good efforts to put signboards and tags for plant names and species.
- How difficult is the trail?: Super easy, I’ve seen people do the trail while holding a baby. So it is really family friendly. Suitable for trail running too if you’re into that.
- Is it crowded?: Come on weekdays. But as most things in Malaysia, government projects are not advertised well and even most Malaysians don’t even know about this place.
- How long are the hike?: You should allocate a minimum of 1 hour to complete the loop.
What the Park Looks Like
Taman Tugu is only about a 10 min drive (without traffic) from Balkoni Hijau. If you have your own car, you can park at Rumah PTD just next to the park.
Don’t have your own car? No worries. You can just use GrabCar app:
Pretty Nice Isn’t It?
It’s really convenient for you to go to Taman Tugu from Balkoni Hijau. If you haven’t booked your accommodation in Kuala Lumpur, check out our lush studios perfect for couples and digital nomads: